Membrane Filtration in the Dairy Industry
- Rusthi projects set the industry standard for milk processing and has developed some of the most widely used technologies .
- Rushi Plant removing water contain from milk
- Membrane ltration is separation process which separates a liquid two stream by means of semi permeable membrane
- The two streams are referred to as retentateand permeate.
- By using membrane, it is possible to separate water contain form milk and whey.
- Reverse osmosis also used to concentration milk to reduce shipping volumes for transport.
- Increase the SNF from 8.0 % to 9.0 % If System will have milk ow rate of 1000 LPH which will remove 200-300 liter of water. Output of system will be 700-800 LPH with 8.5 –9.0 SNF
- Membrane system is designed for removal of water for whole milk which consists of our own make full t membrane especially developed for dairy application.
- Reverse osmosis is a high pressure-driven membrane ltration process which is based on very dense membrane. In principle, only water passes through the membrane layer.
- In the dairy industry, reverse osmosis is normally used for concentration or volume reduction of milk and whey, milk solids recovery and water reclamation